YouTube – New Update
Written by sandeepsimeon on August 30, 2017
12 years ago when YouTube was launched, it was a normal website that supported one video format, 320×240 at 4:3 aspect ratio and today YouTube lets you watch any combination of SD, HD, 4K, 360, 3-D, and live video on nearly every device with an internet connection – from desktops to phones, tablets to TVs, game consoles, and even VR headsets.
First Let’s talk about YouTube’s desktop design :
It has got refreshed YouTube Logo and YouTube Icon. Designed for multi-screen world, the update has a cleaned up version of the YouTube wordmark and Icon, creating a more flexible design that works better across a variety of devices, even on the tiniest screens. Want to know why it is more flexible? When there is limited space (say on a smartphone) you can use the brightened up Icon as an abbreviated Logo, which will be seen more easily and read more clearly. You’ll see the new Logo and Icon roll out across mobile and desktop today, and across all our other apps and services soon.
Now lets check out new YouTube app :
- Clean new design : Navigation tab so closure to your thumb now.
- Videos that move with you : gestures on YouTube.
- Watch at your own pace : speed up and slow down the playback.
- Adapt to any video, beautifully : YouTube player will seamlessly change shape to match the video format you’re watching.
- Browse and discover while you watch : view a row of suggested videos while you’re watching in full screen.